Skopeo is one of the specialized tool that performs various operations on container images and image repositories.
Skopeo can perform operations which consist of:
- Copying an image from and to various storage mechanisms. For example you can copy images from one registry to another, without requiring privilege.
- Inspecting a remote image showing its properties including its layers, without requiring you to pull the image to the host.
- Deleting an image from an image repository.
- Syncing an external image repository to an internal registry for air-gapped (aka offline) deployments.
- When required by the repository, skopeo can pass the appropriate credentials and certificates for authentication.